Who we are
BRIEF HISTORY OF THE ORGANISATION ( DCEC)
- In the year 1987-88, a few educated young people belongs to the Bishnupur District, Manipur analysed the situation and given a thought of the horrible future of the District as well as Manipur State and other parts of India. The young people were concerned for their own people with commitment. They started working with and sensitising the issues which are controlling their living standards.
- In the interest of the General Public, I.S. KONTHOUJAM ( Ibochouba Singh Konthoujam), a resident of Ningthoukhong Ward No. 9, Bishnupur District, Manipur-795126(INDIA) inspired himself to do Social Activities for Rural Areas & Weaker Sections of the Society.
- Actually, Dr. I.S. Konthoujam, Founder Chairman of the Organisation started thinking himself from his class-VIth standard for the Development & Upliftment of the Society as he found Social problems during his study as well as he was from a poor family. So, he took a great role to establish such an Organisation namely DEVELOPMENT ON COMMUNICATION, ARTS & CULTURE, SCIENCE, ECONOMIC AND EDUCATION CENTRE (D-CACUS-EDUCATION CENTRE), DCEC. Organisation was established on 23rd December, 1998 & registered under Manipur Societies Registration Act-1989 (Act No. 1 of 1990 ) on 25th February,1993.
- D-CACUS-EDUCATION CENTRE is one of the Registered Voluntary Organisations working in the field of Science, Technology, Environment, Indology, Fine Arts, Literature, Economy, Culture, Health, Eradication of Social Evils, Empowerment of Women & Youths, Income Generation, Agriculture, Horticulture and Education etc. in Manipur (A State of India in the North Eastern Region).
Above all, the most rural areas were under developed and people needs Education, Good Health and Good Environment for the betterment and Development of the Society. Without any support from Government or any others’ support, the youths destined to work with people. The interaction with people has opened the eyes of Youth.
In the beginning, resentment of people, Oppression of upper caste and class people has intensified the commitment and activities. They started believing that outside help is futile until & unless we build our capacities and be part of our own development. They changed their attitude and in turn started changing the attitude of people and established the Organisation.
- To catalyze, support and strengthen the Civil Society and take Local, Regional Global initiatives for sustainable Development, Livelihood, Social Welfare, Agriculture, Rural Development, Human Dignity & Empowerment, Rebuilding, Reconstruction, Reformation, Re-establishment & New Development with an aim of Service to Humanity with collective efforts & Mutual Understanding by making long term policies
- Service to Humanity with the spirit of Voluntarism & Mutual Understanding without any discrimination for sustainable Development & Livelihood, making Free from Hunger & poverty, Socio-economic Development & Welfare by taking different roles in better ways and means
- To take different roles in sustainable Development, Livelihood & Social Welfare of civil society without any discrimination
- To include Groups, Individuals, Institutions that are entirely or largely Independent from Government and that have primarily humanitarian or cooperative rather than commercial objectives without any external control or force.
- To support & sustain International Development, Indigenous groups,communities, Members, Non-members, Individuals,& Groups in villages including Rural, Urban & Shum areas by organizing Locally, Regionally, Nationally or Internationally.
- To catalyze, support and strengthen civil Society in promoting sustainable Development Livelihood, ecological Agriculture, Environment Horticulture, Forest Development, Food Sovereignty, Educational & Health activities, Empowerment of Women & Youths, Development of Human Resources and equitable trade with focus on Human dignity of poor and marginalized people/ Groups.
- To undertake, arrange & organize Training, Research, survey, Publication, Workshops, Seminars, Competitions, Symposiums, Cultural Programmes, Exhibitions, Discussions, Lectures, Conferences, Demonstrations, Camps and build capacities to promote Economic, Social and Gender Justice.
- To promote a democratic, accountable and transparent system of governance and create an enabling and supportive environment for development initiatives in all walks of life.
- To build alliances and network at Regional, National and International levels in order to campaign and advocate policies for marginalized in Science & Technology, Agriculture & Horticulture, Natural Resources, Economy, Health, Education, Forest, Ecological Balance, Human Welfare & Development.
- To establish, run and construct Schools, Colleges, Institutions, Training Centres, Medical Colleges, Nursing Schools & Colleges, Engineering and other Technical Colleges, Health Centres, old Aged Homes, Day care Centres, Creache Centres, Homes for Girls & Working Women, Library Hostels, Ashrams, Music, Dance & Cultural Centres, Tube Wells Technologies and other Scientific Related Centres, Tourist Places & Resorts, Roads, Dams, River Banks, Bridges, Highways Universities, Hospitals, Small Scale Industries, Rehabilitation Centres, Village Community Parks, Village Development Committees & Human Resource Development Centres for Medication, Treatment, Recreation & better Development of the Society directly or in collaboration with other Agency or Agencies in rural and urban areas.
- To Supply, construct and manage Drinking Water, Purification of Water, Water conservation sheds, preservation of Ecology & Environment, Water Harvesting Projects, Protection from Water, Air & Environmental Pollution and renewable energies & Electricity
- To strengthen Women Groups, Students, Youths through micro Finance to Self Help Groups, Individuals, Bodies, Organisation & Institutions etc. for the welfare of the Society with the mobilization of Public Development Bank.
- To develop, produce and prepare mass media such as Telefilms, Serials and other Media created Awareness amongst the masses for Education in Health, Family Welfare, Mother and child care, Prevention of cancer, STD, HIV/AIDS, early marriage, removal of illiteracy and other Social evils & crimes etc.
- Advocacy, Consultancy, Guidance & Counseling
- To open Branch offices, Units, Centre in different parts/ places of India and Abroad